Welcome to the Michigan Public Health and Meaningful Use Testing Process.
The Michigan Department of Community Health has been charged with collecting and
recording information on Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals that test with
one of the Public Health Meaningful Use measures for auditing purposes. This system
will allow you to enter the required information and inform the public health system
of your request to test for Meaningful Use.
To begin the Meaningful Use testing process, we ask you take some time to review
the following information on this page to help guide you through the process. Once
you begin entering the required information, you must complete the required fields.
You may not be able to save the entered information and return at a later time.
Therefore, we encourage you to gather the required information listed below before
Systems available for registration:
- The Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR)
- The Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS)
- The Michigan Syndromic Surveillance System (MSSS)
- The Michigan Cancer Surveillance Program (MCSP)
To register for MCIR, MDSS, or MSSS, follow the steps below.To register for cancer reporting to the MCSP, you must email DCHPublicHealthMU@michigan.gov for instructions on registration.
Please include Laura.Rappleye@altarum.org in your email, and you will be contacted on the steps to follow.
Information Needed Before Proceeding:
Have the following information available before you start entering your test request:
- Determine if you will be registering your organization as a Individual or Multiple
Both Multiple and Individual EHs and EPs should refer to the Meaningful Use Tip
Sheet before clicking START to gather all of the information you will be asked to
- Health Systems with multiple NPIs/group provider sites networked to the same
certified EHR System will need to complete the
Meaningful Use Questionnaire. Please save the file to your computer
once this spreadsheet is completed. You will be asked to upload this questionnaire
after Section 4.
- If you are an individual Eligible Hospital or an individual Eligible Professional,
you will be asked to provide information pertaining to the eligible provider the
meaningful use test is associated with.
- Registrations for the Michigan Syndromic Surveillance System (MSSS) will require you to have an Object Identfier (OID). Analogous to a MCIR Site ID, the OID will allow the state to
verify which sites are sending messages. You will be asked to provide a "Facility OID" and an "Organizational OID." The following tipsheet refers to these as a "sub-organization OID"
and "root OID," respectively. You might not necessarily need to use both. For more information about acquiring an OID, please refer to this tip sheet:
If you have any questions regarding the information requested, please contact:
dchpublichealthmu@Michigan.gov (MDSS or MSSS)
or MU_MCIRHELP@mphi.org (MCIR)
Once you have gathered the required information (refer to the appropriate Meaningful Use Tip Sheet above), please click START to proceed with your Meaningful
Use Test Request.